Born and raised in Dayton, Texas, Mark Ritchie attended Dayton High School in Dayton, Texas before earning his Bachelor’s Degree from Texas A&M, College Station. Mr. Ritchie returned to Houston Texas to attend South Texas College of Law. during his time as a law student, Mr. Ritchie was a member of the law review, for which he received the Professor Barber Award for Distinguished Service in 1995-96.
Admitted to the practice of law in 1997, Mr. Ritchie has worked on a wide variety of civil disputes at every stage of litigation, including service as lead counsel for several appellate matters. It comes as no surprise that Mr. Ritchie especially enjoys complex legal research and writing. He has proven himself a dependable and valuable asset to the team through his diligence and hard work in service of the interests of the firm’s clients.
When he’s not hard at work, Mark spends as much time as possible with his devastatingly beautiful wife, Alma. He is also an avid epee fencer and enthusiastic gardener.
- Texas A&M University – B.A. Philosophy 1991
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. 1996 with honors
- American University/Washington College of Law – Certificate in International Commercial Arbitration
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- England and Wales (solicitor)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern District of Texas
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Former public arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)