William H. “Bill” Barfield
In the 22 years since Bill received his law degree, he has handled thousands of cases nationwide involving complex product liability disputes, toxic tort matters, business and commercial disputes, construction defect disputes, eminent domain and condemnation matters, catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, defective automobiles, and intellectual property disputes.
As an accomplished trial lawyer, Bill is Board Certified as a Personal Injury Trial Law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell – the highest achievable peer rating for legal competence and ethical standards. He also maintains the highest-level Platinum rating by Martindale-Hubbell for client satisfaction.
Bill’s professional dedication has not gone unnoticed. The National Trial Lawyers Association named him to the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” for his legal accomplishments. Bill has also been named by Texas Monthly magazine and Houstonia magazine as one of the top lawyers in the State of Texas and has consistently been recognized as a Texas “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters.
Bill has been certified as a lifetime charter member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which are two prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States with fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers as members.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Disputes
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- New Mexico
- New York
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- University of Houston, Joint LL.M.
- Energy & Intellectual Property
- South Texas College of Law
- Juris Doctorate
- Texas Tech University – Lubbock, Texas
- Graduate: MBA
- Undergraduate: Accounting
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Trial Lawyers, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member